Welcome to Student Employment!
What is Federal Work Study?
Federal Work Study (FWS) is a program designed to provide college students who are in need of financial assistance a chance to earn money while pursuing their degree. FWS provides part-time jobs for undergraduate and graduate students on and off-campus. The JobX website can help you find a job that fits your schedule and is just minutes from your classes.
What are the benefits to the Federal Work Study program?
There are several benefits associated with the FWS Program:
- Allows you to earn money to help pay for your educational expenses.
- It provides opportunities to serve the community and to work in areas that are related to your course of study.
- Your FWS employer acknowledges you are a student first.
- FWS employers are flexible and willing to work around your class schedule.
- It provides beneficial experience and training, networking and references that build up your resume.
- It can provide opportunities to develop your professional skills, like communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- It can lead to career opportunities.
- Even though FWS earnings are taxable. FWS earnings are not considered when figuring your “financial need” on your FAFSA.